Duration: 10 Hours
Phlebotomy pertains to the science of drawing blood from a patient, mostly from veins for clinical or medical testing, transfusions, donations, or research. Phlebotomists collect blood primarily by performing venipunctures.
There are no upcoming events.
• Be able to describe the anatomy relevant to venepuncture
• Know the contraindications to venepuncture
• Be able to describe the technique of venepuncture
• Understand the safety aspects relating to venepuncture
• Anatomy and Physiology for Phlebotomy
• Medical Terminology for Phlebotomy
• Patient interaction and related legal, ethical and safety issues
• Patient identification and lab requisition form
• Venipuncture equipment and Vacuumized blood collection system
• Safety and Universal Precautions in handling the samples
• Administrative Steps of Phlebotomy
• Hands-on Practical training on blood and specimen collection
• Preparing blood collection site and proper managing of the collected samples
*This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.