Canada Ontario Job Grant
What is it?
The program provides training grants to help employers enhance their workforce by upskilling new and existing employees.
How much funding is available?
- Eligible applicants may receive up to 66% cover-age (up to 83% if the company has <50 employees) of third-party training costs to a maximum $10,000 per trainee.
- For businesses with fewer than 50 full-time employees, COJG may provide up to 83% of eligible training expenses and employers can claim up to 1/6 of employee payroll costs.
Eligibility Criteria for Employers:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario.
- Employ the worker you plan to train.
- Choose a third-party training provider located in Ontario.
- Comply with labor and human rights legislation.
TRAIN your workers & watch your team and business SUCCEED!!
FAQs about COJG and how it can benefit you?
What can get training?
Businesses can nominate to train existing and NEW employees. Candidates must:
- Have an employer to sponsor them (on cost-sharing basis)
- Be resident of Ontario
- Be a Canadian PR, citizen or a protected person
- Not be enrolled in full time education
What training is eligible?
COJG allows business to invest in their workforce on a cost sharing basis for any training* under 1 year. Some examples of eligible trainings include:
Wound Care Workshop
Basic Health Assessment
Bookkeeping & Financial Accounting*
Personal and Corporate Tax
Fundamentals of Payroll
Software Quality Assurance