Pre-requisites: Computing Fundamentals & Internet Browsing
Duration: 37.5 hours
Certificate in Microsoft Excel
After an introduction to spreadsheet terminology and Excel’s window components, students will learn how to will enter and edit text, values, formulae, pictures and they will save workbooks in various formats.
Students will learn use and manage multiple worksheets and workbooks efficiently, eventually extrapolating into more advanced formatting options including styles, themes, backgrounds and watermarks. They will also learn how to create outlines and subtotals, how to create and apply cell names and how to work with lists and tables. They will learn how to work with Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts, how to import and export data, and how to query external databases.
Who should attend?
• Great for professionals and higher education.
• Those who want to master Microsoft Excel. Expected level of proficiency in MS Word: Intermediate to Advanced. Includes introduction to keyboard shortcuts.
• Training on Excel 2016
• Instructor led hands-on training
• Windows 10. i5/i7 processors available
• PC ratio to student is 1:1
• Small groups for personalized attention and better learning experience
• Special Fee for group or business
There are no upcoming events.
- • Expected level of proficiency in MS Excel: Intermediate to Advanced
- • Instructor-led classes
• Getting Started
• Understanding rows and columns
• Using “Excel Help”
• Using Backstage
• Creating Workbooks
• Entering and Editing data
• Saving the Workbook
• Understanding different file formats for Excel
• Insert and Delete cells
• Using Format Painter
• Working with Hyperlinks
• Using Conditional Formatting
• Using Themes
• Working in different “views”
• Using Headers & Footers
• Using Print Layout and Printing
• Organizing & working with multiple worksheets
• Using “Freeze” function
• Find & Replace data
• Ensuring Data’s integrity
• Sorting, Filtering Data
• Setting up Data in tabular format
- • Building Basic Formulae with Cell referencing
- • Using Cell ranges
• Inserting Autoshapes and Inserting Pictures
• Formatting, Changing attributes of Graphics
• Using Picture Tools for added enhancements
• Understanding Creating different types of Charts
• Formatting parts of a Chart manually
• Creating Pivot Tables
• Conditionally summarize Data, Look up Data using Formulae
• Using Conditional Logic Functions to Formulae
• Using Formulae to Format text
• Securing workbook before Sharing
• Emailing Spreadsheets
• Review functions including Tracking Changes and Using comments in Workbook
*This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.