Duration: 30 Hours
Basic Health Assessment
Physical and Health Assessment course assists nursing and healthcare students in the development of interviewing and history taking skills as well as skills in physical ex-amination and psychosocial assessment. Students develop basic theoretical and practical health assessment skills across the lifespan with a focus on relevant anatomy, physiology, history taking, examination techniques and documentation. Students develop basic ‘hands on’ assessment skills using a systems approach. Emphasis is placed on recognition of the range of normal findings with some discussion of common abnormalities. Through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and return demonstrations, role plays, and other experiential activities, students integrate learning in order to perform health assessments.
There are no upcoming events.
• This course is taught by a registered nurse, medical doctor, or other healthcare professional
• Small class size allows for personalized instruction
• Students receive hands on training during laboratory modules
• Comprehensive Health History and Documentation
• Physical Examination of the skin, hair and nails
• Physical Examination of the head, face, and neck
• Physical Examination of the eyes
• Physical Examination of the thorax and lungs
• Physical Examination of the heart and neck vessels
• Physical Examination of the abdomen
• Physical Examination of the neurological system Part I
• Physical Examination of the neurological system Part II
• Physical Examination of the musculoskeletal system
*This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.