Duration: 37.5 hours
Android - Mobile App Development
Android is Google’s mobile operating system, launched in September 2008. This course teaches you how to code using Java and build beautiful Android apps for phones and tablets.
When it comes to develop Android apps, the first and most popular option is Java. Java is the official language of Android development, meaning it is the one that has the most support from Google and the one that most apps on the Play Store are built using.
Who should attend?
• Anyone looking to gain basic understanding of mobile app development on Android platform.
• Anyone looking to supplement their income with part-time/freelance or even full-time role as a Mobile Application Developer.
Upon completing this course
• You would be able to develop and publish mobile games/applications on Google Play Store.
• These applications could run on Mobile Phones and other devices running Android Operating System.
• You would be able to integrate Voice, Video and Images in your applications.
• You will also be fluent with standard Android Studio development tools, such as the debugger, resource editor, & logging mechanisms. Likewise, you will be fluent with popular source code versioning & unit testing tools.
Median earning for an app developer is $60,000 CAD.
• In-class instructor led training
• Extensive hands-on lab sessions using Android Studio
• Periodic in-house interactive sessions with industry professionals
• PC to student ratio is 1:1
• Real life project experience guided by industry experts
• Install and configure Android Studio.
• Concepts of Object Oriented Programming (OOP): The type system, variables, functions and methods, inheritance, classes and protocols.
• Control Structures: Using If/Else clauses, Switch statements and logic to control the flow of execution.
• Data Structures: How to work with collections, such as arrays, maps, and Array Lists.
• Software Design: How to organise and format code for readability and how to implement the Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern.
• Networking: How to make asynchronous API calls, store and retrieve data from the cloud, and use the JSON format for server communication.
• You’ll be able to create your own Android apps.
- • Gain knowledge that is crucial in today’s job market
- • Learn about specific software programs and their features
- • Cover basic terminology related to computers
|1||Introduction to Android OS and Java||3.0|
|2a||Set up for Android Development on Windows||1.0|
|2b||Set up for Android Development on Linux/Mac||1.0|
|3||Fundamentals of User Interface (UI) Design for Mobile||1.0|
|4||Fundamentals of User Experience (UX) Design for Mobile||1.0|
|5||Introduction To Android Studio||1.5|
|6||Java & XML Fundamentals||4.0|
|7||Java Advanced Concepts||8.0|
|8||Model View Controller (MVC) Design Pattern||3.0|
|9||Media: Images, Video and Sound||2.0|
|10||Advanced Android Features||3.0|
|11||Maps & Geo Location||2.0|
|12||Permanent Data Storage||3.5|
|13||Extras like Bluetooth, Fire base, Ad Mob and Notifications||4.0|
|14||Submitting your App To Google Play Store||2.0|