Pre-requisites: Computing Fundamentals & Internet Browsing
Duration: 40 hours
Certificate in Microsoft Word
Students will learn how to enter and edit text, save and browse documents. They will learn how to enhance the appearance of a document by using various formatting options. They will also create tables, insert headers and footers, proof and print documents, and insert graphics.
Students will work with styles, sections and columns. They will format tables, print labels and envelopes and work with graphics; use document templates and manage document revisions. Students will perform mail merges, create and use forms and create master documents that include a table of contents, a table of figures, footnotes and endnotes, an index, bookmarks and web frames. They will also create macros, customize the Quick Access toolbar and keyboard shortcuts.
Who should attend?
• Great for professionals and higher education.
• Those who want to master Microsoft Word. Expected level of proficiency in MS Word: Intermediate to Advanced. Includes introduction to keyboard shortcuts.
• Training on Word 2016
• Instructor led hands-on training
• Windows 10. i5/i7 processors available
• PC ratio to student is 1:1
• Small groups for personalized attention and better learning experience
• Special Fee for group or business
There are no upcoming events.
- • Expected level of proficiency in MS Word: Intermediate to Advanced
- • Instructor-led classes
• Basic Editing
• Using Microsoft Help
• Creating and saving a document
• Using Print Preview & Print
• Changing & Organizing Document View
• Navigating & Searching through a document
• Selecting, Replacing & Deleting Text
• Cutting, Copying & Pasting text
• Formatting characters
• Using Format Painter
• Formatting Text with Styles
• Removing Text Formatting
• Formatting Paragraphs
• Setting Line Spacing in Text and b/w Paragraphs
• Using Bullets & Numbering
• Using Tabs
• Setting Page Layout, Columns
• Working with Breaks
• Using Spelling & Grammar
• Configuring Auto Correct Settings
• Using “Comments” in a document
• Inserting and Formatting Pictures; Shapes, WordArt and SmartArt; ClipArt
• Compressing and Resetting images
• Using Text Boxes
• Understanding Hyperlinks
• Creating Footnotes and End notes
• Creating a Table of Content
• Protecting a document
• Applying Protection using the Ribbon
• Managing document versions
• Sharing documents
• Customizing Word
• Utilizing Research Options
*This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.