The Second Career initiative was launched by Ontario’s Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities to help and train laid-off workers to find jobs in high-demand occupations in Ontario. It can help provide financial assistance up to $28,000. In certain cases (depending on the eligibility and need), it may cover costs for Tuition, Living Expenses, Transportation, Books, other Training supplies, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Second Career Grant
- The applicant has been laid off.
- The applicant is laid off and is currently working in a temporary low-paying job.
- Previous recipients of Employment Insurance (EI) may still apply.
- Clear timelines need to be defined with respect to the lay-off date, date of commencement of temporary job (if applicable).
- Demonstrate and quantify attempts to apply for jobs in the meanwhile.
- Define the skills and details of the institutions offering them along with the prospective career the applicant is looking to embark on with demonstrable proof of demand of the given skills.
How to Apply
To learn more about Second Career application, book and appointment with our admissions team who would be more than happy to guide you through the process.